Keeping audio and video transcripts secure is the number one priority at AllTranscript.com. Clients who use our book dictation service send us book dictation files which are to be kept secured during transcription. So here at AllTranscript.com our team of transcribers follows series of stringent steps to make sure that our transcripts safe from hackers and harmful viruses and Trojans from getting into the system.
1. Keeping email conversations secured: Most of the conversation between us and clients now happens on email. We do also take phone calls and attend client meetings on Skype, WebEx. All these electronic mediums are communication are by themselves pretty secure. Our preferred email client is Gmail by far. Why? Because it is very easy to use, safe to add attachments and very responsive.
Tips For Keeping Email Conversations Secured:
A. Use a well known email service provider such as Hotmail, Gmail or Yahoo. Signup for their business services which allows mapping of a personal domain email address onto, Gmail or Yahoo. For example if your domain address is xyz.com and your professional email id is firstname.lastname@example.org, then you could sign up for a Gmail business account and then use Gmail services while keeping the same email address which is email@example.com!
B. Scan for virus and Trojans when downloading and before uploading critical documents and files. We use an antivirus software by the name of ESET Nod 32. It’s a very powerful software and has kept our systems virus free for years now. Plus it is pretty affordable. We highly recommend using this antivirus for retail or large organizations.
C. Enable two step password verification for changing email passwords.
2. Safe Storage Of Audio And Video Files: As a transcription service we receive lots of audio and video files for transcribing into text. These files are usually conference calls, meetings, interviews, thesis dissertation recordings, Skype calls etc. which are to be transcribed, proofread and then compiled into a word document before being sent out to the client. Moreover we are legally liable after signing a Non Disclosure Agreement with our clients. Hence we take extra measure to safe store all these digital files.
Some of the these critical steps are:
A. Add passwords to folders in which audio files are stored.
B. Add passwords to pen drives, external hard drives which are used to transferring media files from one computer system to another.
C. Limited internet access to critical computer systems so as to prevent leakage.
3. Using A Reliable Courier Service: AllTranscript.com also provides academic transcription services to America, Canadian, Australian and British universities. The service of transcribing thesis and dissertation interviews sometimes requires that the clients sends us the cassette tapes for transcribing into text. We recommend our clients to use well knows courier services for critical transcriptions such as audio dictations for example. These are Fedex Canada, Purolator for Canada, DHL for Singapore, US etc. and Smartsend, Australia.
4. Antivirus: Discussed earlier in point number 2. We have an excellent antivirus installed on all of our laptop and desktop systems. We make sure all of our computers are virus free by regularly running full antivirus checks and updating the antivirus database on a routine basis.
5. Adding passwords to MS Documents: Super critical and private transcripts can be secured by adding a password and a digital signature to the document. When a client requests us to
6. Deletion of audio/video files: After the transcription project is complete we delete the dictation files completely from our system as it is no longer required. So once it is deleted the is no chance of any mis-usage. We do store the transcripts with us for a certain period of time. All these are stored on our cloud storage platform offered by Amazon and Microsoft.
About the Author: AllTranscript.com is an English audio international typing services company where universities can transcribe thesis and dissertation interviews at economical rates. We also offer university transcription services to Lecturers, PhD candidate students, Assistant professors and to university research students. Rush transcription service is also available and we are open 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. To read more interesting articles visit Alltranscript.wordpress.com.